Erastus joined the firm as an intern while still at the university pursuing his law degree. He did his pupilage at the firm. During his training as an intern and a pupil, he was exposed to complex matters in the dispute resolution area of practise and obtained extensive training in Commercial & Corporate Law; Land Law; Environment Law and Constitutional & Administrative Law.
Membership in Professional Societies
- East African Law Society
- Law Society of Kenya
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- LLB (Hons), Moi University
- Oraro & Co. Advocates
- Part of the team that represented a regional bank in an arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce in a dispute involving the project financing that saw the beneficiaries of the finance object to a second loan that was granted by the bank on the grounds that the same was granted without the authority of the company’s shareholders
- Part of the team that advised and participated in the recovery through Court of monies that were misappropriated from two tier II banks that led to their placement under receivership of the Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Part of the team that participated in a shareholders dispute in one of the major cement processing plants in Kenya in which the minority shareholders were challenging the acquisition of shares by the majority shareholders and the composition of a board of directors to manage the affairs of the company
- Part of the team that is currently representing a pension scheme at the High Court in a Judicial Review Application challenging the decision by the Retirement Benefits Appeals Tribunal.
- Part of the team that successfully represented one of the major telecommunication companies in Kenya in an employment dispute following a redundancy. The dispute was settled with the telecommunication company paying to the former employees a settlement of KES. 1.8 billion (USD 18 million)