With two years experience, Sheila is competent in conveyancing and commercial law. She also has experience in land and property law, company and commercial law, banking and insolvency law, financial and securities law, energy law, civil litigation.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Law Society of Kenya
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Ashitiva Advocates LLP
- Musalia Mwenesi Advocates
- Part of a team reviewing various agreements for a Kenyan- based company seeking to distribute renewable energy technology in Kenya.
- Part of a team that gave a legal opinion and advice to a leading investor on training of its employees and issues affecting its bonding policy.
- Part of a team providing legal advice on nuclear energy project for potential investors by reviewing the current legal and regulatory framework for the energy sector in Kenya; international treaties and agreements relating to nuclear energy; institutional framework for energy in Kenya; legal instruments, policies and structure required to launch nuclear energy in Kenya and provided recommendations where there were gaps
- Part of a team that provided legal advice to Kenyan members from a SACCO that promotes investment opportunities and savings among Kenyans residing in the USA to acquire property through perfection of securities, drafting of sale agreements, transfers and charge documents
- Part of a team offering legal services to an integrated real estate construction and development company based in Kenya, the developer of a medium-cost housing estates comprising of individual villas, maisonettes and budget apartments, in Ruiru (Kiambu county in the outskirts of Nairobi) sell property by drafting the letters of offer, agreement for sale and leases
- Assisted an integrated real estate construction and development company based in Kenya in the leasing of prime warehousing facilities in Ruiru.
- Represented and advised a leading Kenyan commercial bank regarding to its interests over a multimillion property in Nakuru.
- Advised two Trusts in Kenya and ensured their proper incorporation and compliance with the laws of Kenya
- Acting for several commercial banks in Kenya in drafting and perfection of loan security documents