Led by our Senior Partner - George Oraro SC, a distinguished arbitrator and Noella Lubano a Partner in the practice area, we have represented clients in local and international arbitration tribunals including International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and the International Criminal Court (ICC) in energy, financial services and construction sectors.
Some of our recent experience in this area includes:
- Representing a Pan African bank in a claim brought by a Zambian borrower who claims he never authorised the bank to disburse funds to the borrower (the Company). It is an ICC matter, the seat is in London. (Ongoing)
- Representing a landlord in arbitration proceedings for a claim in excess of USD 1 million arising from the termination of a lease agreement and incidental license agreements. (Ongoing)
- Giving Kenya law advice and representing a Canadian based energy company as co-counsel in the ICSID proceedings brought against the Kenyan Government in respect of the unlawful revocation of the company’s geothermal licence. (Ongoing)
- Acting for several Construction Companies in ongoing arbitrations concerning disputes relating to their JBC Contracts (ongoing).
- Represented a party in a construction arbitration with a value of approximately USD 6.5 million (2014)