Geoffrey is a Partner at Oraro & Company Advocates and practices in the dispute resolution practice group. He specialises in arbitration, litigation and mediation. With over 11 years of experience, Geoffrey has represented and advised local and international clients in admiralty and maritime law, asset tracing, commercial litigation, insurance and oil and gas transactions.
Geoffrey is well regarded for his restructuring and insolvency expertise having advised on notable insolvency matters in the financial services sector.
Geoffrey has a Master of Laws (LLM) from the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom in Commercial Law and a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Nagpur University, India and a Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
“Geoffrey is well regarded for his expertise in restructuring and insolvency matters"
- Represented a party in a construction arbitration with a value of approximately USD 6.5 million (2014)
- Currently representing a private client in a claim seeking the tracing and recovery of approximately USD 340 million which was fraudulently syphoned from a Kenyan bank (ongoing).
- Acting for Clients in several contentious and non-contentious Insolvency matters wherein the sums involved vary from USD3 million to USD70 million (ongoing).
- Acting for Kenya Power and Lighting and company on a claim relating to USD 20 Billion in respect of power purchase agreements ( Ongoing)
- Represented a leading private not-for-profit hospital on an Appeal relating to a wrongful birth claim before the Court of Appeal in Kenya (wherein a decision is pending on whether Kenya will adopt the English or American positions in respect to wrongful birth claims (2018).
- Represented a Liquidator in a Claim for the recovery of USD 73. 8 million (2017).