Geoffrey is a Partner in the dispute resolution practice group who specialises in alternative dispute resolution and litigation. With over 13 years of experience, Geoffrey has represented and advised local and international clients in admiral and maritime law, banking and commercial litigation, insurance, medical malpractice, and oil & gas transactions, but is well regarded for his restructuring and insolvency expertise.
Geoffrey holds a Master of Laws from the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, and an LLB from Nagpur University, India, as well as a post-graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law and a Certificate in Trial Advocacy from the National Institute of Trial Advocacy.
In addition to being an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, Geoffrey is a Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public and a member of the LCIA African Users' Councils.
“Geoffrey is well regarded for his expertise in restructuring and insolvency matters"
- Represented a party in a construction arbitration with a value of approximately USD 6.5 million.
- Currently representing a private client in a claim seeking the tracing and recovery of approximately USD 340 million which was fraudulently syphoned from a Kenyan bank.
- Acting for Clients in several contentious and non-contentious Insolvency matters wherein the sums involved vary from USD3 million to USD70 million.
- Acting for Kenya Power and Lighting and company on a claim relating to USD 20 Billion in respect of power purchase agreements.
- Represented a leading private not-for-profit hospital on an Appeal relating to a wrongful birth claim before the Court of Appeal in Kenya (wherein a decision is pending on whether Kenya will adopt the English or American positions in respect to wrongful birth claims).
- Represented a Liquidator in a Claim for the recovery of USD 73. 8 million.