Nancy is an Associate in the Corporate & Commercial Department and specialises in mergers & acquisitions, data protection, fintech, telecommunications, media and technology law, company law, banking and general commercial contract matters.
She is part of a team acting for a Tier I bank in the restructuring of their loan portfolio of up to KES 10 Billion following the issuance of the Banking Circular No. of 2020 on the implementation of emergency measures to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic by the Central Bank of Kenya.
Nancy holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Kenyatta University and a post-graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
“Nancy specialises in Corporate & Commercial Law.”
- Part of the team acting for a Tier II bank in Kenya, in the acquisition of up to 99.98 % shareholding by a foreign multinational bank following the regulatory approval granted by Central Bank.
- Part of the team acting for a leading insure-tech startup’s in Kenya in the structuring of their seed financing round leading up to the investment of up to USD 1,525,000 in the start-ups.
- Part of the team acting for one of leading motorcycle retailers, globally in structuring a multi-tiered financial arrangement with a leading end-end logistic solutions provider in Kenya offering accessible credit for the purchase of motorcycles to its riders.
- Part of team advising one of the largest cloud computing service providers, globally, on the legal and regulatory framework concerning the provision of cloud computing services in Kenya.
- Part of the team advising one of the leading digital taxi hailing service providers in Kenya on the impact of the Traffic (Digital Hailing Service) Rules, 2020.
- Part of the team advising for a leading mobile money provider on the regulatory framework governing the operation of mobile money applications in Kenya.