Nzioka is an Associate in the dispute resolution practice group (tax department) and specialises in indirect tax, customs, regulatory compliance, commercial matters and contract law.
Nzioka is part of a team advising on the tax structure and implications of an acquisition as well as several tax litigation matters and the Tax Appeals Tribunal High Court and Court of Appeal.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of Nairobi and a post-graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
“Nzioka specialises in indirect tax, customs, regulatory compliance, commercial matters and contract law.”
Prior to joining Oraro & Company Advocates, Nzioka was involved in the following matters:
- Part of a team advising multi-national corporations on tax implications of setting up permanent entities in Kenya.
- Advised on various indirect tax matters including branch-head office transactions, export of services, import of services and transfer of business as a going concern.
- Carried out numerous indirect tax compliance audits.
- Part of a team that advised and guided clients on applications for tax remissions and tax exemptions.
- Part of the team that drafted parastatal contracts relating to public healthcare.
- Part of a team that carried out a nationwide regulatory compliance audit on a telecommunications company.
- Applied for numerous indirect tax refund applications for clients.