Patricia is a Director at Oraro & Company Advocates in the Corporate & Commercial practice group. With over 10 years’ experience, she specialises in Banking, Finance, International Trade Law, Islamic finance and the capital markets. She has experience in advising both international and local clients.
Patricia was a legal advisor for the first Sharia’h Complaint Bank, First Community Bank. She advised on myriad matters related to Islamic Finance including being part of a team that drafted the incorporation documents for the first Sharia’h Investment Bank.
Patricia holds a Master’s of Science in International Trade Policy and Law from Lund University, Sweden, a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of Leeds, United Kingdom respectively.
“Patricia is well regarded for her Islamic Finance and International Trade Law expertise"
- Reviewing financing agreements for a local cement company that was seeking a facility from a foreign bank.
- Advising and reviewing of requisite documents from a Kenyan Law jurisdiction perspective for an Irish Company that was leasing Engines to a leading Kenyan airline.
- Advised a Kenyan consultancy group and an International non-Governmental organization that was undertaking a research on interventions for recidivism reduction via re-integration of ex-inmates into communities in Kenya.
- Responsible for ensuring that FCB’s legal and other contractual documents were effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted, and vetted.
- Advised a local company that was partnering with foreign entities in the setting up and establishment of an oil and storage company.
- Legal Advisor to the first Sharia’h Complaint Bank, FCB, which is made up of the Islamic Bank, the Fund Manager, FCB Capital Limited and the Insurance Broker, FCB Takaful Insurance Broker.
- Part of the Kenyan team that assisted the East African Community Meeting of the High Level Task Force to negotiate the East African Community Common Market Protocol.
- Assisted State Counsel in the formulation of government policies, proposed legislation, and cabinet memoranda.