We combine legal and sector expertise in advising on all stages of a project including structuring, drafting & negotiating and project finance.
Our recent experience in Infrastructure, Projects & PPP includes:
- Advising the government-to-government collaboration between the Government of Kenya and China National Petroleum Corporation on a proposed USD 1.8 billion project to develop up to 350 MW of geothermal power plant.
- We advised Kenya Commercial Bank Limited in relation to an annuity term loan facility worth USD 60 million to facilitate the 75% direct cost of road construction of the Ngong-Kiserian-Isinya Road and Kajiado-Imaroro Road.
- Advising an international energy company on project structures, project documents as well as legal compliance issues in regards to a proposed 40 MW solar power project.
- Advising a leading international real estate and development company, the lead member of the consortium that won the bid to re-develop the Nairobi City County Old Housing Estate on Ngong Road.
- Advising a bidder on the proposed construction of a 2,000 km Kenyan road (an annuity scheme) via a PPP arrangement.
- Assisted a team advising the developer of a 250 MW onshore wind farm in Kenya which was in part financed by the forward sale of Clean Development Mechanism credits.
For more information about our Infrastructure, Projects & PPP practice, please contact George Oraro SC (Founding Partner), Jacob Ochieng (Partner) or Cindy Oraro (Partner). Alternatively click here to download our Infrastructure, Projects & PPP profile.