Restructuring & Insolvency
Our Employment & Labour law practice has been consistently recognised by leading legal directories - Chambers Global and Legal 500.
We have advised a wide range of clients on all aspects of employment law including employment contracts, unfair terminations, redundancy, pensions and retirement benefits, collective bargaining support and Employee Stock Ownership Plans.
The firm has been involved in landmark disputes in Kenya including:
- Advised a multinational on an oil and gas contract, revolving around the impact of the outbreak of the Libyan civil war
- Advising on software and hardware contracts for the NSE and the Central Depository and Settlement Corporation. Our tasks included reviewing all the contracts, participating in the negotiations, and preparing the final contracts for execution by the client and the vendor, and advising the respective Boards of NSE & Capital Markets Authority (CMA) on the legal issues in the relevant contracts
- Advised on software contracts for the Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB), including advising on all the contracts, participating in the negotiations, preparing documentation for execution by the parties and presenting to the Board the legal issues on the contracts
- Advised on software contracts for ABC Banking Corporation
- Advised Standard Group Limited and the Standard Limited on legal issues relating to the transfer from the Alternative Investment Market Segment to the Main Investment Market Segment, on the NSE
- New directives affecting work permits in Kenya
- Permission To Enter And Work:What Foreigners Need To Know About Working In Kenya
- Of Purchases & Protection:Spotlight On M&A Transactions
- Islamic Banking:The Regulatory Imperative
- New In The Market: Share Buybacks Under The Companies Act, 2015
Click here to download our Corporate & Commmercial brochure.