Chacha Odera is widely recognised for his expertise in litigation and arbitration in the areas of banking, construction, employment , pensions, insolvency, industrial disputes, tracing of assets and real estate.
With over 28 years of experience Chacha has acted for local and international clients particularly commercial banks. He has also represented the Secretary General of the United Nations in proceedings before the United Nations Dispute Tribunal. Chacha has been ranked in Band 1 in dispute resolution by Chambers Global 2018 saying that “[he is] very strong, particularly in employment cases.’’
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- LLB(Hons), University of Nairobi
- Acted for the Deposit Protection Fund Board (now Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation) in respect of commercial banks or financial institutions under distress, by reason of insolvency, or by reason of violation of the provisions of the Banking Act
- Acting as part of the legal team which attempted to revive Daima Bank Limited
- Team leader in the merger of Southern Credit Banking Corporation and Bullion Bank Limited
- Team leader in the reconstruction of Delphis Bank Limited
- Team member in conducting due diligence on KCB Bank Kenya Ltd in various transactions
- Team member in conducting due diligence on Southern Credit Banking Corporation in various transactions
- Team member in conducting due diligence on Bullion Bank Limited in various transactions
- Acted for the Central Bank of Kenya in respect to consultant claims regarding the Times Tower (Kenya’s second tallest building)
- An overview of Regional Systems for IP Protection
- Does your development require an environmental impact assessment licence?
- Medicare in the employment context