Yonah is an Associate at Oraro & Company Advocates within the Litigation department. He specialises in Dispute Resolution, Employment Law, Constitutional Law, Environmental and Land Law. Yonah has also been involved in some significant matters in the Corporate & Commercial and Real Estate & Conveyancing practice areas.
Yonah has assisted in advising both local and international clients across an array of sectors such as real estate & construction, financial services, manufacturing and public sector. Recently, Yonah has been part of a team representing a leading commercial bank in a claim for unfair and unlawful termination on account of the loss of confidence and negligence that exposed the bank to a potential loss of KES 330 million.
Yonah has a Bachelor of Laws degree from Moi University and a Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
“Yonah specialises in Dispute Resolution and Employment Law.”
- Part of a team representing a leading Kenyan commercial bank in an employment petition in the Employment and Labour Relations Court (ELRC). The petitioner claimed unconstitutional removal from office, unlawful liquidation of pension and unlawful utilisation of his pension proceeds.
- Part of a team representing an ICT solution and consultation company operating all over Africa in the court of appeal, in a wrongful termination matter on account of redundancy.
- Currently assisting in the representation of a leading Kenyan commercial bank in the ELRC in an employment petition on grounds of an unlawful termination, malicious prosecution and harassment.
- Part of the team that represented a specialised referral health care facility in Nairobi, in a claim for unfair and unlawful termination.
- Assisted in acting for a leading paints and coating solutions Company in Kenya in an employment matter on the grounds of unfair and unlawful termination.
- Assisting in an arbitration involving an exclusive top private kindergarten for a compensation claim on grounds of unfair and unlawful termination of a Kindergarten School Manager.
- Part of the team representing the Kenyan Bar Association in the in a petition that challenges a decision by the Treasury to decline the Petitioner’s application for corporation tax exemption under Section 13(2) of the Income Tax Act. The Petition equally faults the Treasury for failing to follow due procedure in arriving at their decision to decline the Application.
- Part of a team that represented one of the largest employee unions in Kenya in a petition that challenged the violation of constitutional and statutory provisions in relation to the running and management of all Nairobi City County Primary and Secondary Schools sitting on the same parcel of land.
- Part of the team that advised the owner and operator of fast food franchises based in Kenya on their restructuring process which involved sale and acquisition of shares.
- Advised various international clients on the prospects and formalities of investment in Kenya.
- Assisted in the reorganisation of a private company to a limited liability partnership.
- Assisted in the drafting of consultancy and service agreements for a holding company in Nairobi.