Anne Kadima is a Senior Associate in the dispute resolution practice group. With over 5 years of experience, she has represented local and international clients in banking and commercial litigation, defamation, employment and labour and shareholder disputes from various target sectors including financial services and manufacturing & industries.
Anne was part of a team representing a leading commercial bank against three separate class action claims in the Employment and Labour Relations Court, for the recalculation of terminal benefits arising from voluntary early retirement taken by the claimants.
Anne is currently pursuing a Master of Laws (LLM) in International Trade and Investment Law from the University of Nairobi. She holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Moi University and a post-graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Advising a major American private equity fund on its legal options and remedies against former directors and shareholders of a leading East African civil engineering and construction company. The matter concerned a shareholders’ agreement, a convertible note debt for equity swap, a share pledge agreement and personal guarantees with a view of recovering a London Court of International Arbitration arbitral award of USD 23.2 million.
- Part of a team that is advising a Kenyan government corporation in the negotiations and recovery of depositor’s money from a debtor with an estimated value of USD 20 million.
- Representing a railway corporation in a claim worth USD 4.3 million brought by its former employees to enforce an award made by the Industrial Court and a claim for unfair dismissal after a strike which led to their dismissal.
- Representing a publicly listed commercial bank against three separate class action claims in the Employment & Labour Relations Court, for the retabulation of terminal benefits arising from voluntary early retirement taken by the claimants.
- Leading the litigation team representing an International Research Institute in a land rates’ dispute of an estimated demand value of USD 4.8 million.
- Part of a team representing a reinsurance company based in Kenya after the former Managing Director sued the corporation for unfair and unlawful termination of employment.