Our Conveyancing & Real Estate practice group has rich experience in providing strategic and practical advice to local and international clients on acquisition and disposal of land, conveyancing, commercial & residential development, leases, licenses, project financing, structuring of complex projects and joint ventures.
Chambers Global Guide, one of the most prestigious global legal directories, in its 2021 rankings, noted the practice area as a notable practice group that continues to enhance its reputation and market share in Kenya's real estate space. Similarly, the Legal 500 EMEA 2021 recognised the firm’s Real Estate & Construction team for their outstanding contribution to the practice area.
Recently, we have been involved in:
- Acted for a leading Kenyan investments and real estate company in the sale of 10 high- end villas worth USD 100 million in a gated community in Karen. We advised the parties on the joint venture arrangement and facilitated the negotiation of the joint venture agreement and the transfer of the land to the joint venture reference.
- Acted for a leading Kenyan investments and real estate company in the acquisition of a 10-acre piece of land in Ridgeways, Kiambu worth USD 92.5 Million. We advised on all aspects of the acquisition, conducting legal due diligence and negotiating the sale and purchase agreement.
- Acting for a leading Kenyan real estate and investments firm in the acquisition of a property worth USD 13 million.
- Advisor to a Pan-African financial institution with offices in several African countries, in the acquisition of a property in Nairobi worth USD 12 million.
- Acting a leading Turkish construction company in partnership with a German investment firm in a joint venture project with landowners for the development of a multi-million dollar mixed-use project in Nairobi.
- Acting for a leading Kenyan investments and real estate company in the purchase of a 5-acre property in Ruaka worth USD 2 million for the construction of a comprehensive mixed-use development consisting of 408 units. We are also acting on the sale of 100 three bedroom units in the project.