Kamara is an Associate in the Litigation Department and specialises in Arbitration, Insolvency and Dispute Resolution.
He has advised local and international clients from various target sectors such as arbitration & mediation, dispute resolution, banking & commercial litigation, and insolvency matters.
Kamara is currently involved in three notable arbitration disputes arising from the construction and procurement sectors. He is also part of the legal team advising and defending several statutory regulators and a government corporation against suits commenced in the High Court and the relevant Tribunals challenging the decisions of the said statutory bodies and corporation.
Kamara has a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Moi University and a post-graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
Kamara specialises in Arbitration, Insolvency and Dispute Resolution
- Part of the team defending a subsidiary of an international company in an arbitration dispute worth Kshs. 2.4 billion wherein the Claimant, a contractor, is claiming against the subsidiary for inter alia payments for profits arising from omitted works, loss profits and payments for idle machinery.
- Part of the legal team defending an international contractor in an arbitration dispute worth Kshs. 509 million wherein the team has already successfully defended an interim application for security of the claimed amount.
- Part of the legal team defending a client (the employer) in an arbitration claim worth Kshs. 883 million brought by a sub-contractor in the name of the main contractor under a “name borrowing arrangement”.
- Part of the team representing a statutory regulatory against appeals commenced by certain directors of company challenging the decisions of the said statutory bodies a the tribunal.
- Part of a team representing Kenyan government corporation in a Kshs. 89 million claim commenced against the corporation by directors of a company currently in liquidation.
- Part of the team representing a government corporation in a constitutional claim by depositors of a company in liquidation wherein the depositors are claiming disclosure of confidential information by the corporation.