Sandra is an Associate in the dispute resolution practice group specialises in dispute resolution. With over 4 years’ experience, she has in advised clients in education, financial services, and public sector. Sandra advises local and international clients in banking and commercial litigation, constitutional law, environmental law, employment, and labour law, election petitions, fraud and land disputes.
Sandra recently advised an academic institution in formulating Collective Bargaining Agreements, she also successfully defended a company in an employment claim filed by casuals who wanted to be accorded similar employment terms as permanent staff.
Sandra holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Moi University and a Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
“Sandra is an Associate in the Litigation Department and specialises in Dispute Resolution”
- Successfully prosecuted an application in the environment and land court to strike out a plaint for a suit that had been filed without the consent or approval of the plaintiff company. (2018)
- Assisted a leading local architectural firm in an arbitration dispute against the County Government of Kitui for a claim of approximately USD 27.5 million (2017)
- Part of the team that represented an international outdoor advertising company against the Kenya National Highway Authority on appeal in a constitutional petition (2014)
- Successfully defended an application by a union which alleged to represent pensioners who had retired (2018)
- Part of a team that successfully defended an election petition of a prominent politician in the coastal region (2018)
- Assisted in the representation of JKUAT in relation to the provision of security services before the Public Procurement Administrative Review Board (PPARB) (2016)