Anna Kandu is an Associate in the Banking & Finance, Conveyancing & Real Estate Department and specialises in property law, banking, finance, fintech, joint ventures, company law, and general commercial transactions.
She has advised clients in the banking and healthcare sectors on security documentation, commercial and residential leases and licenses. Anna was part of the team that advised a leading FinTech firm on its application for authorisation to provide payment services by the Central Bank of Kenya.
Anna holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of Nairobi and a post-graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law. She is also a Certified Professional Mediator.
“She specialises in property law, banking, finance, fintech, joint ventures, company law, and general commercial transactions. ”
- Part of the team that acted for a Tier I Bank which advised on the structuring of Islamic securities and mitigation of potential risks in relation to the facility.
- Part of the team that successfully undertook a comprehensive securities audit on behalf of a Tier I bank in the restructuring of their loan portfolio of up to KES 10 Billion following the issuance of the Banking Circular No. of 2020 on the implementation of emergency measures to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic by the Central Bank of Kenya.
- Part of the team acting for a leading Real Estate Development firm in Kenya in the sale of residential units including the preparation of leases for a residential property.
- Part of the team advising various clients on the tenancy and leasing issues in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Part of the team advising and reviewing documentation on sale, purchase, lease and license of property including drafting Sale Agreements for corporates and individuals.
- Part of the team advising and preparing documentation in relation to the ongoing transition into a new land regime for various corporate and individual clients.