Pamella is a Partner at Oraro & Company Advocates. She heads the commercial and conveyancing & real estate practice areas. With over 18 years of experience, Pamella has advised local and international clients in banking and finance, capital markets, conveyancing and real estate, mergers and acquisition, but is well regarded for her expertise in capital markets and conveyancing.
In 2019, lFLR1000 ranked Pamella as a highly regarded lawyer for her banking, mergers & acquisitions expertise. She is part of a team that is advising a lender on the establishment of a capital market structured water pool facility a first of its kind in Kenya, which goes beyond the traditional definition of an asset-backed security.
Pamella has a Master of Laws (LLM) from Auckland University, New Zealand and a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Waikato New Zealand and a Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
“[She has] superb quality, easily reachable with great communication skills and has the ability to get along well with all clients.”
IFLR 1000, 2018.
- Part of a team that is advising lenders on the establishment of a capital market structured Water Pool facility to finance water infrastructure projects in Kenya.
- Currently acting for a leading investment management company in the sale of 10 high-end five-bedroom villas in a gated estate known as Amara Ridge in Karen, a suburb approximately 20 km away from the Nairobi CBD.
- Advised a private equity fund in Mauritius that acquired shares in Kisumu Concrete Products Ltd a leading manufacturer and supplier of building materials.
- Advising an International humanitarian organisation in the acquisition of e property in Nairobi worth USD 25 million as well as drafting all transactional documents with external consultants and seeking government approvals.
- KCB and the Government of Kenya on the initial flotation of Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) share at Nairobi Securities Exchange and subsequent secondary listing.
- Advised CIC in a successful private placement of 11,000,000 Class “A” Shares and 9,000,000 Class “B” Shares with a par value of KES 20 each of CIC at the price of KES 22.50.
- Advising on three successful and heavily subscribed rights issues for a top tier II commercial bank DTB.