Pamella is the Managing Partner at Oraro & Company Advocates and heads the Banking & Finance and Conveyancing & Real Estate practice groups. With over 22 years of experience, she has advised local and international clients in banking and finance, construction, capital markets, conveyancing and real estate, M&A, and regulatory work but is well regarded for her capital markets and conveyancing expertise.
Pamella has been consistently highly ranked by leading legal directories such as Chambers Global, IFLR1000 and Legal 500 as one of the leading lawyers in Kenya. In 2020, IFLR1000 ranked Pamella as highly regarded for her Banking and M&A expertise. The directory commended her in 2018 saying "[She has] superb quality, easily reachable with great communication skills and has the ability to get along well with all clients."
Pamella has a Master of Laws (LLM) from Auckland University, New Zealand, an LLB from the University of Waikato, New Zealand, and a Post-graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law. Aside from her legal practice, Pamella lectures at the University of Nairobi School of Law. She also serves in her capacity as a Director on several boards.
Pamella Ager acts for an array of domestic and international banks on securities registration and commercial lending matters.
Chambers Global, 2021.
- Part of a team that is advising lenders on the establishment of a capital market structured Water Pool facility to finance water infrastructure projects in Kenya.
- Acting for a leading investment management company in the sale of 10 high-end five-bedroom villas in a gated estate known as Amara Ridge in Karen, a suburb approximately 20 km away from the Nairobi CBD.
- Advising an International humanitarian organisation in the acquisition of a property in Nairobi worth USD 25 million as well as drafting all transactional documents with external consultants and seeking government approvals.
- Advising in the lending to a microfinance bank, including drafting complex documentation, obtaining approval from government agencies and registering the security documents, on behalf of the lender.
- Advising a Pan-African financial institution with offices in several African countries, in the acquisition of a property in Nairobi worth USD 12 million.
- Advising a commercial bank in Kenya in a financing transaction involving a property developer, including drafting and registering the security documents and generally safeguarding our client’s interests.