Pamella is a Partner at Oraro & Company Advocates and heads the Banking & Finance and Conveyancing & Real Estate practice groups. With over 19 years of experience, she has advised local and international clients in banking and finance, capital markets, conveyancing and real estate, M&A, and regulatory work but is well regarded for her capital markets and conveyancing expertise.
Pamella has been highly ranked by leading legal directories such as IFLR1000 and Legal 500 on several occasions. In 2020, IFLR1000 ranked Pamella as highly regarded for her Banking M&A expertise. The directory commended her in 2018 saying "[She has] superb quality, easily reachable with great communication skills and has the ability to get along well with all clients."
Pamella has a Master of Laws (LLM) from Auckland University, New Zealand, an LLB from the University of Waikato, New Zealand, and a Post-graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law. Aside from her legal practice, Pamella lectures at the University of Nairobi School
“[She has] superb quality, easily reachable with great communication skills and has the ability to get along well with all clients.”
IFLR 1000, 2018.
- Part of a team that is advising lenders on the establishment of a capital market structured Water Pool facility to finance water infrastructure projects in Kenya.
- Currently acting for a leading investment management company in the sale of 10 high-end five-bedroom villas in a gated estate known as Amara Ridge in Karen, a suburb approximately 20 km away from the Nairobi CBD.
- Advised a private equity fund in Mauritius that acquired shares in Kisumu Concrete Products Ltd a leading manufacturer and supplier of building materials.
- Advising an International humanitarian organisation in the acquisition of e property in Nairobi worth USD 25 million as well as drafting all transactional documents with external consultants and seeking government approvals.
- KCB and the Government of Kenya on the initial flotation of Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) share at Nairobi Securities Exchange and subsequent secondary listing.
- Advised CIC in a successful private placement of 11,000,000 Class “A” Shares and 9,000,000 Class “B” Shares with a par value of KES 20 each of CIC at the price of KES 22.50.
- Advising on three successful and heavily subscribed rights issues for a top tier II commercial bank DTB.